Thursday, February 5, 2009

My first blog post

Amanda has been heckling me about not having blogged yet so here goes. Probably the biggest news recently is that we found out last week that we will be going on a medical missions trip to (I'm going to butcher this if I don't look it up) Guanajuato, Mexico. We are very excited about it and are looking forward to it a great deal. Amanda will be going as a PT student and I will going as one of a handful of PT providers for the trip. I went on a similar trip to the Phillipines when I was in PT school (way back in 2002; yes, that's right - I'm old, or so Amanda reminds me). It is an amazing opportunity to spread the Gospel message while being able to serve and help meet peoples' physical needs as well when they otherwise may not be able to receive care. We are so excited! Amanda is in the process of getting a new passport (she changed her last name back in August because she agreed to put up with some bum for a lifetime or so).

I was pumped up yesterday by National Signing Day for college football (if you don't like how this paragraph has started, you may want to just skip it). Georgia signed a great class of incoming players, headlined by Aaron Murray, a quarterback from Tampa, FL; Marlon Brown, a receiver from Memphis, TN; Branden Smith, a defensive back from GA; as well as a host of other outstanding players that hopefully will light it up 'between the hedges' over the next several years. Brown was especially big news because he chose UGA over Tennessee at the last minute (how do you like that Lane Kiffin? Kiffin is Tennessee's new head coach who claimed they were going to take some players away from GA; UGA wound up signing the top 2 rated players from the state of Tennessee!). In all, UGA finished with what most people had as the 8th-9th best signing class in the nation. ESPN had it rated as the 6th-best class (funny, I went all the way down to 25th and I didn't see Ga Tech's class ranked; had to be a misprint, right?). We'll have to wait and see how these high school talents play out in the future, but nonetheless a great day to be a 'Dawg (what day isn't?).

As for the whole me drinking the bottle of milk thing at the baby shower, I will just quote NFL Hall of Fame coach Vince Lombardi: "If they keep score you might as well win." I don't know that he meant that mantra to be applied to drinking milk from a baby bottle, but there you go. Will add more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment